Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need a header for 1.8 impreza

kangster_boi

it's a dual port exhaust.

Headerwise, anything made for a dual port exhaust will work.

for the rest of the bits, I don't know of any full exhaust kit that is made specifically for the EJ18.

In terms of performance, the diameter for an EJ25 exhaust might be too big for efficient scavengering.

BW

thanks for the info. so u saying that any dual port headers will fit mine even though its made for an 2.5RS or 2.2? i'm not really looking for power. i just want better breathing(better gas mileage), sound, and looks. cost too much for better engine swap. i rather get and original RS coupe or and STI if i was looking for real power, but it'll cost me 5 times more than this ej18. about the dual port header, does it bolt up onto the cat converter flex or i need another customization to bolt the rest on? please keep replying. i'm still a newbie.. thanks for your reply.

What he's saying is that with a larger header you will lose effeciency and gas mileage. You lose scavenging which is important for non-turbo engines. If you want sound, performance, etc - you will lose effeciency by changing the header. Just pull the muffler off and put on a straight-through. Will be plenty loud due to the unequal length stock header anyway.

GD