Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I have some odd things going on with my 92 2.2 Legacy

I noticed a few days ago that in 7 degree weather going down the freeway my heat quit blowing hot on High. The next day I was able to get Low heat, but never enough to make the car warmer. The 3rd day I stuck a piece of cardboard over have the heater and that seemed to work. The first 2 days the Temp gauge wouldnt reach normal temps until I stopped driving. With the card board in it was just fine.

i just bought a new Tstat to put in. However once i pulled the housing off, there was no Tstat there. I went ahead and put the new one in and now it overheats as soon as its warm. Any thoughts? Need help!!!!!

I filled up with coolant as you described. I was on hear earlier and saw that tip. I ended up taking the Tstat out for now and will replace the radiator after xmas. After digging around some more I found evidence of stop leak in the radiator so i might as well replace it and go from there. Also, today on the way to work with temps around 30degrees it seemed to produce heat just fine.