Ultimate Subaru Message Board

snow is here!!!!!

so what a lil storm we got in the columbia gorge. Mt. Hood got good snow too of course. we got 6-8 inches in White Salmon. fun driving of course. this is my first snow day with my subie, and i am extremely impressed. i knew they got around good, but there were 3/4 ton chevys, dodges and fords stuck everywhere! ( i gave my neighbor a ride up his 2 mile drive way because his 2008 F-150 wasnt hookin up even in 4-low. id say im hooked...i'd like some more power i think though... someone say ej22?!?! anyone else get some snow? i know there might be a better spot to post this, but i was stoked to drive in the snow!!!:grin:

so what a lil storm we got in the columbia gorge. ..........i know there might be a better spot to post this, but i was stoked to drive in the snow!!!:grin:

+1 for the first snow and drive.... we are still dealing with freezing rain East of you.... still waiting for the first snow dump.... if you want to up your traction put studs all around (I found a good used set for $100) and then it is nearly unstopable.... amazing how those trucks with high center of gravity and wide tires just slide of the road!

Yeah, subarus in the snow are fun. I just got a set of studded snows on the old GL wagon yesterday, and was driving it around unplowed roads today... it was plowing with the bottom of the car, but as long as the wheels where touching the ground, it kept on going.

Narrow tires, good weight distribution. And, I think that sometimes the lack of power is actually an advantage because you don't have enough to break the tires loose and spin them (that seems to be a problem V8's and automatic transmissions especially). Though... we'll see how my EJ22 compares when I get it back... I do like the more power you get with that.