Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We put one in Clifford:

First thing needed is EA82 trans, an EA82 clutch, shift linkage and the adapter plate and redrilled flywheel.

Second things needed are trans mounts and crossmember. You can use the rear crossmember piece of the legacy as a crossmember to mount the EA82 trans to. Holes drilled, and the under side notched so you can get a wrench in. A taller plate (piece that bolts to trans case) can be made, that the original rubber half of the mount can bolt to.

Thirdly, you have to decide which axles to use. There are 2 or maybe 3 options:

1. Split both tranny cases, and then swap the 25 spline axle stubs into the EAfront diff. This is the best option as you will be able to buy off the shelf stock axles for the car as long as it has that tranny. it is however, the most difficult option, and not for the unexperienced with Subaru trans.

2. Make hybrid axles using the Legacy outer joint and axle, and inner cups from an EA82 23 spline axle. Complicated and messy, but not really "hard". A good option if you have time and spare parts.

3. Buy early Impreza 93,94 FWD 5spd axles. They are compatible with the legacy hubs but should have a 23 spline inner joint.

4. After every thing else, you need to have the front section of legacy drive line lengthened to reach the EA82 trans. I think it is about 4 inches, but I really don't recall the excact measurement.

^^^^thats pretty much the list. You also have to have an ea82 starter and have to space the trans back about a 1/2 inch.

I run the impreza fwd axels on mine.

I am getting ready to go thru a major revamp/rebuild (gonna try to run 35x13.5x16 tires ;) ) and will have some stuff for sale. :)

Like a 3.90 lsd. lengthed DS, front axels, custom D/R trans mount, possibly redrilled flywheel, and other related stuff as well as 4" worth of lift componants. Pretty much everything needed to duplicate my car minus the D/R trans.

Edited by WRX2FFU

^^^^thats pretty much the list. You also have to have an ea82 starter and have to space the trans back about a 1/2 inch.

I run the impreza fwd axels on mine.

I am getting ready to go thru a major revamp/rebuild (gonna try to run 35x13.5x16 tires ;) ) and will have some stuff for sale. :)

Like a 3.90 lsd. lengthed DS, front axels, custom D/R trans mount, possibly redrilled flywheel, and other related stuff as well as 4" worth of lift componants. Pretty much everything needed to duplicate my car minus the D/R trans.

PM sent

well dangit now I need to find me a lego 5mt wagon

the other day my 83 ea81 wagon blew the pan gasket so I bought this 92 lego wagon 4eat as a temp ride well these things are layed out nice IMO but AWD is what it is I like the true 4X4 better

well dangit now I need to find me a lego 5mt wagon

the other day my 83 ea81 wagon blew the pan gasket so I bought this 92 lego wagon 4eat as a temp ride well these things are layed out nice IMO but AWD is what it is I like the true 4X4 better

You don't need to start with a manual. Just get an EJ Flywheel, a pedal cluster, and a clutch cable from another legacy. Everything else will come from the EA