Ultimate Subaru Message Board

aftermarket surge tanks

Yo'J

I figured, on my brat, being a carbed chassis, it was of substantial need. I guess I don't want to not dd it or to really worry or wonder. P.S. look at the first one. Doesn't it look like a big truck fuel filter modified?

Yeah, i was in the same boat as you when I swapped my wagon. Its a carbed chassis too.

I have yet to do a surge tank, but am still entertaining the idea. Its hard to say whether the problems I experience are related or not.

Yeah, the first link is definatly a fuel filter from a largish truck, and the top think is your generic remote oil filter adapter piece, or something similar.

Here is a great link on how to setup a system: http://sdsefi.com/techsurge.htm

This setup looks similar: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-81794/?rtype=10 Someone on another board used this, the only mod they did was make the pickup tube inside it extend down farther.

Edited by Subarutex

I've been looking into this as well. I'd be careful with the ones that are just a modified fuel filter. I guess a lot of fuel injection-pressured pumps prefer to push gas through a filter, not pull through one. Having it pull through the filter may reduce its life. Hopefully someone who knows more can chime in, though.

Jacob

That summit one is what I was thinking about making with an air return port and an extended pickup. I'll be looking at the parts today, they should be in. I'll be using the stock pump to fill it and the efi pump after it. Just like in that handy diagram. Thanks!