Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i just put a set of 205/70/15 on a 1997 outback sport everything was cool until i put the right rear tire on it sits under the spring pocket on the strut and the spring pocket is right on the tire the measurement from the top of the bottom strut mount to the spring pocket is 8.5 inches anybody have a longer strut body that i could replace mine with ??? if i can find a model and year i would be good to go

i just put a set of 205/70/15 on a 1997 outback sport everything was cool until i put the right rear tire on it sits under the spring pocket on the strut and the spring pocket is right on the tire the measurement from the top of the bottom strut mount to the spring pocket is 8.5 inches anybody have a longer strut body that i could replace mine with ??? if i can find a model and year i would be good to go

outback, 96 - 99. do a search, lots of folks have dome it.

yes you can use the forester/legacy outback struts.

I have done so with foresters on a 95 legacy. The springs didnt quite fill out the travel, i was able to get the strut top together without compressing the spring. you can use a spring spacer, or try to find outback legacy or forester springs, or even aftermarket.

cheapest way would be to find a spring/strut assembly from the junkyard

yes you can use the forester/legacy outback struts.

I have done so with foresters on a 95 legacy. The springs didnt quite fill out the travel, i was able to get the strut top together without compressing the spring. you can use a spring spacer, or try to find outback legacy or forester springs, or even aftermarket.

cheapest way would be to find a spring/strut assembly from the junkyard

i just bought a pair of new complete forester struts on ebay for $100.00