Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had my transmission rebuilt about two years ago (4eat) and have experienced problems every time we get a lot of rain. I took it back the first two times and the mechanic replaced the speed sensor both times. The car worked fine until the next big rain, then it happened again. Here are the symptoms: The car starts shifting erratically (skipping first gear, rough shifting after that), torque bind symptoms, the speedometer runs while in park almost as if it is a tachometer. Eventually the AT Temp light starts blinking, then I get a CEL. The code is P0715 (Torque converter turbine speed sensor malfunction).

The last time it happened I just waited a few days for things to dry out and then drove the car until the CEL went out. The car has been fine for months until the rain we got last weekend. Then it started again.

I am almost a 100% certain that the rain is causing a short somewhere in the wiring from the transmission. Does anyone have an idea where I should look and what I should look for? I see no point in replacing sensors since it has been done twice already and the problem comes back every time we get a lot of rain. Your help is appreciated. Thanks

there are 2 big connectors to the transmission running down by the firewal tunnell. Unlpug the connectores, use lotso dialectric grease, and smoosh into the sockets the special elecrtical grease. Plug back in. That may help, and check your grounds where they attach to the body