Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's ah alive!!!!!

Hi all, for the most part I have been beating a dead horse, or should I say a dead cylinder. Found it cheaper to just pick up a nice clean long block then rippin into the engine. Well for me cheaper. Yaked out the rough idle, no power, backfiring engine with came in the car. Dropped in a EA82 out of a '91 Loyale that only had 62K on it. Picked the engine up complete long block from the P-A-P yard for 9$99.50 well plus tax. Just fired it up and took it of a test lap. Cranked it for 5 seconds and it fired right off and purred at 2k, let it run for a few and hit the gas and she dropped right down to 1300. Man I feel better.. Thanks for all the support while I was playing dumb rump roast and didn't even do a compression check. The old block had 80 on #3 and 125-135 on the rest.. well now off to play with other details.. Oh, can someone tell me or post a picture were the heater motor relay is and where the power window control module is? If there is such a thing.

The heater motor relay is on a bank of relays under the dashboard, above the fuse panel on the left side . It is one horrific PITA to get to it, photos will do you no good, and would be really hard to take.

No idea about the power windows.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: So since the engine swap I have been a D/D and the first fill up

was at just under 1/2 tank. 8 miles back and forth the work and a few other 10-15 mile trips and the Soobie pulled down 28.2 MPG. Pretty happy. This is a '88 GL 4WD 5 Spd.

Don't know if in the same place but the "relay" for the PW in the XT/XT6 is located under the carpet under the passenger seat.

+1 Just saw it 3 days ago in my wagon when I took back the carpet to run some wires. It's right by the pillar. I had my seats out and it was super easy to get to...