Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all,

im having a problem with my car, i was driving one night and noticed the green power light on my dash blinking. i have no idea what it means so i drove home. the next morning when i started the car it was reving very high almost at 2. after 5 min i tried to reverse but the shifter was stuck in park. i pressed the shift lock button and got the car in reverse then i put in D but didnt want to go after 2 or 3 seconds the car finally moved but had no power.

i checked the liquids fuses some hoses filters ect. when driving it to my brothers for help i felt the car get its power back i looked at the dash and the green light came on but was still flickering. someone told me i could put in a code with the shifter and have the green power light blink and tell me the problem. but when i turn the key the green power light wont even turn on anymore.

the same guy who told me about the code said it may be the tcu told me to check the cords there and the fuses. he says it may be becuase tcu is fried or not getting power.

i was wondering if this guy may be correct or if anyone has heard of same problem.

thanks for the links, the first one does sound like some of the same issues, and the 2nd i cant use, cuz my green power light is dead it dont even turn on when i start car. so i cant see any codes cuz light not on.

so im actually in line to join that forum i guess there is long line