Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grinding noise from passenger side

I have a 98 OBW. Noticed some sort of a low grinding noise from the passenger side at low speed. Seemed to be coming out of the pass side front wheel well, but I didn't notice anything there. The undercar covers are fine too, not loose, not touching the wheel or the ground.

Any ideas?

brake rotors rusty on the outer edge, grinding on the pad?

heh, that could be it... hell I don't wanna change the rotors just yet, and they are too thin for machinning.

Guess gonna get in there tomorrow and see what it is. Hopefully, like adema2626 said, a small rock stuck in there. The pads are pretty fresh, about 2 months, shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!

For both sides its about $60 with shipping(I guessed one of the many zips you guys have over there in Indy, so it will be somewhere close to that) for centric rotors. There the same rotors knecht's orders. Decent quality, nothing to fancy, they do get the job done though. Don't know how much they would run you at a autoparts store there. Rockauto is really good when your buy a lot of stuff or there close out items.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php