Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber carb question

hello, i'm drawing up on CAD my weber carb adaptor to fit my 32/36 DGAV 5A and there seems to be a clash between the bolt hole centres? i've looked at this;

http://www.ausubaru.com/wiki/index.php?title=ENGINE:WEBER#Adaptor_Plates

and

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/img1444n.jpg/

and it seems my hitachi must be different dimensions? i'm in uk so i dunno if that makes a difference? when drawn up they certainly won't go together like the one on this. the bolt holes on these off the hitachi are well inside the weber bolt holes???

I was thinking of just getting the manifold off and welding/ milling it to suit my weber. would you suggest I do that instead?

Confused.

Cheers, Tom

Honestly if you have the means to weld/mill the intake I would certainly be tempted to do that. Especially if you can make it so you can use the tall air filter for the Weber.

Different hitachi....the ea81 hitachi and the ea82 hitachi here are slightly different but I don't know over there if it would be. (assume you are in AUSTRALIA) but that could be a dumb assumption.

Honestly if you have the means to weld/mill the intake I would certainly be tempted to do that. Especially if you can make it so you can use the tall air filter for the Weber.

Different hitachi....the ea81 hitachi and the ea82 hitachi here are slightly different but I don't know over there if it would be. (assume you are in AUSTRALIA) but that could be a dumb assumption.

Since he says he's in the UK, yes, that could be a dumb assumption:lol:

tomtomtom,

Is it going into that wagon in the other picture on imageshack? The directions on ausubaru are for a 1981 ea81, so don't be surprised if it's a different size/shape.

Jacob