Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Central WA wheelin 8/7

Fenix747

Planning on doing some wheeling Saturday the 7th in the Liberty, WA area. There are a number of trails to choose from to suite anyones abilities. Here is a good list http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#liberty

I have a gps with all the trails routed in so we can do any of them. So far i know im going and my jeep buddy will be coming again. So lets get some more subies out there!

I know this is a little short notice but i figured i would open up an invite. So if your available and want to hit some trails then lets do it :banana:

No worrys man, my brat is still basically stock last time i went out. Just bigger tires and a weber. It handled just fine on one of the hardest trails out there. There are plenty easier trails to choose that are still lots of fun. Im thinking about doing "hole in the rock" or "nealey creek + regan way" trails unless we want a good challenge. Plus the jeep that is coming can get through anything out there, and has winches front and back so no one will get stuck.

So if your feeling up to it you should come out and have some fun with that subie :banana:

Well I most definitely try to make the WCSS one

Im gonna be picking up the Subaru this week (if Trevor is still selling it, he hasnt talked to me in over a week) and thats take all my funds, so I will have to see if I can get extra to make it to the one this weekend, but I will make the WCSS one.

Question bout both. Friend w/ the 91 pathfinder, trying to convince him to go, but he says he doesnt belong in a Subaru event... But for the WCSS and wheeling afterward, can he go or is it just Subies?

yea at least try to get to wcss for sure. This next weekend is just a simple weekend wheelin adventure.

As far as the pathfinder coming, my buddy brought his chevy to wcss 10 before he had a subaru, hung out and got to play in the mud pit. But as far as wheelin with the subies after ill let someone else comment on that, i havent had the privilege of wheeling at a wcss event yet (took the impreza to the last couple wcss's).

I could make him come in the Subaru with me... But the girlfriend is coming, and long story short, she was my ex, he tried for her and she picked me over him in the end, so its still a little rusty on having them together in same car for 6 hours each way etc.

But if he can bring his Pathfinder (and I can come up with the gas for his Pathfinder) then Im sure he would come along just to get more wheeling experience.

For those who are interested, the wheeling trip is up in the air now due to fire hazards. There is a wildfire near Cashmere, it isnt in the area where the 4x4 trails are but it could be. I still plan to go wheeling but only if its safe.

http://www.nwccweb.us/index.asp

Good place to keep your eyes on, this could potentially effect WCSS too if it gets out of hand.

-Andy

**EDIT**

I found a more informative link http://inciweb.org/incident/2052

Seems the fires are located north of highway 2.

Edited by Fenix747