Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pine Barrens New Jersey ALL Week long

We'll be in the region. Looking to maybe meet up with somebody who has 4WD and wants to USE IT :grin: Saturday to Saturday starting tomorrow.

We'll be in my FWD wagon , sticking to the main trail (from the ranger station on Rt.206 thru to Batsto Village) unless we have assistance along -meaning YOU.

Fred from NJ lives not far. He's in my phone directory and I'll be calling him when we see our opportunities. If you want to join in send a PM to me with your number and I'll reply with mine. I'll check later today and tomorrow AM then .....:banana:

Going to want to hit the waves MUCH but my son and I will be camping in the dead of the Barrens on at least a few nights so we'll be up for wheeling on those evenings and following mornings.We'll have to call to verify but count on us going in the woods several day of the week.

Damnit! Those fools live in North Jersey! This state really needs to be split up like N & S Carolina or something. All them Northern Jerseyians are NY fans, while down here in South Jersey we're all Philly fans. Down here we don't pop our collars, wear 2x small polo-shirts, wear sprayon-tans, etc. That crap is entirely Northern Jersey foolishness...

I just needed to make that distinction. :grin:

haha I was just joking man, hopefully you have a great time. just saw New Jersey and it ALWAYS reminds me of those fools on tv.

-Nomad

Fred,

Sorry for the lack of a call. My son and I hit the Barrens yesterday on his quest for lizards and cool treefrogs ,etc....

Didn't really want to drag anyone else into that kind of detail. We ended up doing over 150 miles in the Barrens !!! All in our FWD '92 Legacy.

I noticed "All We'll Drive" looks to be closed up. Sorry to see that.

Thursday , Saltwater fishing in the AM , boardwalk at night.

Friday we're going to try to get more time in the Barrens. I'll call you if you look to have time for a good run.

Otherwise ,we're BACK THERE for the Superbike Races at Millville in a couple of weeks. That'll be another night of camping in the Barrens and a good run down the trails for sure.

http://amaproracing.com/rr/events/event.cfm?year=2010&eid=2010011045

Yeah , we'll have to make a date that doesn't get cancelled.

Wouldn't have been fair to anyone THIS TIME to have to hang around while my son and I did our thing with hunting critters and all. Very limited time and it was during the day when most folks would be working.

But , we're heading back on Labor Day weekend for the AMA Roadrace series at Millville.

AND , we're willing to make a run in the fall too.