Ultimate Subaru Message Board

its air bagged i swear............

i appreciate the positive attitude towards my stupidity. i have some 1/4tubing im going to use next time with a cap welded on the end of it for the sleeve and then use a 2inch OD 1/4inch piece for the knuckle end of things. ill be sure to get everyones ok this time :lol: im considering taking the same sleeve tubing cutting it in half length wise and reinforcing the rest of the strut too..

i appreciate the positive attitude towards my stupidity. i have some 1/4tubing im going to use next time with a cap welded on the end of it for the sleeve and then use a 2inch OD 1/4inch piece for the knuckle end of things. ill be sure to get everyones ok this time im considering taking the same sleeve tubing cutting it in half length wise and reinforcing the rest of the strut too..

A strut top lift might end up being easier, plus you can compensate for positive camber gain from the lift. A lot of people on here do it that way, should be more durable than working with the bottom of the strut.

if your going to weld...... do it once. Make a strut top. Do it wrong, you do it twice, why make it three?

I'm really glad you are contributing to the usmb by saying how not to do things. That takes confidence. Its a good thing, but its like a ladder, you shouldn't try to climb higher than than it goes. On the job, you fall off the ladder, you are fired before you hit the ground. (YOUR FIRED!) If the ladder falls with you on it.....(they sue the ladder company for lost employee time) they pay for not checking you out to ensure your saftey, not being your Mom enough. Says the frog to the grasshopper....

Edited by Yo'J
frogs.....grasshoppers....darwin