Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The PCV should be located to the left of the throttle body (in relation to yourself standing in front of the car looking at it) , it is threaded into the manifold and points toward the passenger's rear of the engine compartment. The hoses from the valve covers are vent hoses , they join together back behind the engine and I believe are hooked into the air intake tube for the engine. As an odd side note it appears that on the 2002 ej25 I recently acquired the PCV is threaded into the block and a smaller diameter tube runs up to a hose fitting in the manifold where the PCV used to reside on the older engines, hope this helps, Scott

Hello. No there is only one PCV valve, and it screws into the intake manifold near the throttle body behind the coil.

I know why you are seeing on the valve covers, but those are just nipples for the hoses going back to the intake to recycle blow by and crankcase gases. They are not PCV valves.

In this pic you are seeing that nipple that has the black plug over it on the left:

RH22-96-1.jpg

In this pic, look at the top left plug wire (left as you are looking at the pic). The PCV valve is screwed in just below that in the pic with that hose coming off it.

underhood1.jpg