Ultimate Subaru Message Board

T can be done fairly easily, but the area around the heater control is tricky and its possible to break mounting tabs if you are unaware of them.

pop out the DEF and the OFF buttons to find the screws. do this first and it will make your life easier. Break off the mounting tabs and you will have a floating heater control or will be replacing the whole dash bezel

once you accomplish this, its pretty straight forward

On of the dash lights is out on my '98 Legacy (the one behind the rpm read out). I've never replaced a dash light and was just wondering if this was difficult or not to replace or worth the effort?

UC

are you talking about the dash light for the tach, next to the speedo??

the instrument cluster comes out pretty easily, 4 screws i think, 2 high and 2 low. i seem to have trouble manuvering the cluster unit out in between the dash and steering wheel, but i can get it.

the bulbs go in and out from the back side, no biggie.

but the clearance is a little tight when trying to reconnect the wires on the back side when re-installing, but again it is doable.

i haven't tried , don't remember trying, to replace a bulb without pulling the cluster completely out. i guess if you can lean it forward enough to gain access to the bulb in question then maybe.....

• 5 years later...