Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 swap into 1980 brat ea71

Darkwing_Duck

Hi everyone I am looking into doing the ej22 swap into my brat so I can get it back on the road can anyone give me some kind of idea how much purchasing everything is going to wind up costing me if I also swap the trans to a 5spd dual range also anyone have a list of everything I will need to buy to do this swap?

okay new question then how much would the ea81 1.8 with 4 or 5 speed d/r trans to bolt up cost for the entire conversion and what all would I need for that? im not really interested in how much power I can make/how fast the car will go as it is going to be a daily driver but I am putting 6 inchs of lift into it and I am putting 31" tires on it so I was told I would have to do a minimum of the 1.8 ea81 and im going to be doing the whole swapparu end of jan begining of feb so if anyone is going to have the engine/trans whatnot for doing the swap in the mn area at that time let me know

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt fit inside the frame rails but people have notched them, welded in new material and put the 2.2L in then. They do the same on Ea81 body vehicles when putting 4 cam 2.5, 2.0, etc engines in as well.

Thread here, broken images but good descriptions all the same. Might contact the poster to see if they have the images they can reload or email you.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88632