Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy transmission swap question

Will any 95-97 subaru TZ102Z series transmission work in a 95 legacy LSi?

I've asked a similar question before, but the difference here is I have a specific transmission im interested in. I sourced a TZ102ZA5AA out of a 97 impreza 2.2L coupe that has fairly low mileage for cheap, and im trying to make sure it will work before I bite.

My legacy has a TZ102ZAAAA transmission in it, and from what I can tell , both cars have the same final drive ratio (4.11). Will the Impreza transmission work with the legacy TCU? Is there anything else I should be aware of before going w/ the Impreza transmission?

Any information is appreciated, tired of the darn thing sitting in the garage.

You can compare all the transmission numbers you can find here.

http://www.northursalia.com/techdocs/trannychart/trannychart.pdf

If you have AWD you need to match up the FDR.

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that mine is an auto. I have seen that chart before, but have never been able to find similar for an automatic.

I sourced a TZ102ZA5AA out of a 97 impreza 2.2L coupe that has fairly low mileage for cheap,

My legacy has a TZ102ZAAAA transmission in it, and from what I can tell , both cars have the same final drive ratio (4.11). Will the Impreza transmission work with the legacy TCU? Is there anything else I should be aware of before going w/ the Impreza transmission?

they are a match, no problems . do the swap and drive on.

no need for the TCU.

do 3 drain and fills , with driving in between, to replace the fluid.