Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, this will eventually lead into my leagcy build-thread. But for right now I thought I'd let you guys in on what I have and where I'm going with this.

I've got an EA82:

hw0tiv.jpg

And I have a first gen awd legacy.

I've ordered a set of megan coils (coilovers) with camber plates. After this I will be getting some OEM steelies widened to 16x10 and 16x11 with a 215/35/16 front and a 225/40/16 rear. And I'm thinking of getting a front tube bumper made so I can mount some lights on to it, but I'm not sure of that part yet.

I'll keep it updated!

You can't run 2 different size tires on an awd car.

I think you actually can. A lot of sti guys do it. I thought you couldn't run different sized tires on 4wd cars, like EA82 cars, but on awd cars you could?

If that is the case, I'll just end up getting 16x10's all around with a 215/35

It's no better for Awd.

If you run different circumference tires it will eat up the AWD transfer unit/center differential. If you can find two different size tires that have the same circumference it will be fine, but it's easier to just run the same size all around.

Oh okay. It looks like I'll be running the same size tires/wheels all around, I'll just have to space them out.