Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Few issues on my loyale

I have a '92 loyale with a 2" SJR lift and EJ22 in it. It has a few problems, I broke a lower front control arm yesterday turning around and bumped a curb. Ok, it must have been cracked, but i'm wondering if there is a way to make the frontend stronger on these things. Also, my front wheels have MASSIVE positive camber. Its ridiculous and I cant afford to have another lift built for the car right now, not to mention replace the tires that are bald on the outside but brand new on inside. Heres a pic of the car, you cant really tell it has bad camber because of the broken control arm but you can see how the tire is worn. Maybe modify the strut tower? I dont know. Anyways, thanks guys.

DSCN2050.jpg

Wow mate, breaking a control arm is pretty serious!

I've got a 3 inch BYB kit in my L, I've been bouncing around on many things but have not broken a control arm - or heard of it being done, you'll usually bend the radius rod or rip out the captive nuts that hold the radius rod's plate to the underside of your subi!

As for your camber I'm not sure where the issue is as I don't know the details of your subi's build. Are you running a 2 inch body lift or only a strut lift?

I'm sure they would have built the kit with some kind of offset on the strut tops to change the camber to something near normal for these subi's...

Add some pics of your front end lift blocks - this might help us work out where the issue is. No other suspension mods we should know about other than the lift?

Cheers

Bennie

SJR is (relatively) local to you. Might want to ask Scott. I am guessing that the camber is because the control arm is mounted in its usual position relative to the struts upper unibody mounts, so the control arms are angled downward excessively, and that will pull the bottom of the hub/strut assembly towards body centerline.

I fixed my control arm, radius bar, new balljoints, and new halfshafts. Now I just need to fix the camber. That is the exact problem, the control arm is at a bad angle and its seriously affecting camber. The tires on it are now unsafe to use, but I don't want to buy new ones until I fix the camber issue. Just curious how others have fixed it. I actually got the car from Scott, so I will send him a PM. He has been extremely informative for me in the past. As for the lift I believe its this http://www.sjrlift.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=191&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100054. Thanks for the responses guys!

Edited by corvette6698512