Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2009 Legacy Wagon Wheel Question??

pinksock,

I highly doubt that you'll find a 15 incher that can clear the front calipers. That was the problem years ago when I kept the winter tires and wheels from my 97 OBW LTD for use on my new 04 OBW LTD. That newer generation of OB's went to a 16 inch wheel, and the old 15's wouldn't clear the front calipers, but did so on the rears. So I sold the 15's online and bought new 16 inch wheels and winter tires for the 04.

I now have an 07 OBW LTD and those 16's are on it right now. Stock wheels were 17's, but the 16's clear just fine.

So I believe you'll find that 15's are out of the question for an 09. Sorry.

If you check on tirerack.com the site will give you alternate fittings for your model. However 15" are out of the question for fit. By the time you would find a different size wheel to buy plus the cost of the original size tire for the car wouldn't be that much more in cost.

Tire and wheel combination are in the original body style design. There would be a point where saving cost on different wheels and tires would compromise the originals for the car. handling and safety could suffer if the overall change was dramatic.

Better to stay with the OEM unless you were going for more expensive tires and wheels for better handling and control.

Going for inexpensive may not be a good idea.

Rally wheels will likely clear.

Doubt you will like the price though

Speedline 2118's (if you can find them) should be a close if not fully successful fit.

I use these on the rally car and they clear WRX brakes - 2002-2007.....

Will not clear STi brakes however

photo of what i refer to....

rally-speedlines2.jpg