Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Passenger Power Door Lock No Workie

Hi all,

It seems as though the passenger side power door lock does not work while all the other ones are just fine.

When I lock the door from the inside, it only works on that door, no other doors are locked or unlocked.

Driver side is fine. Also, the power window works fine on the passenger side as well.

Can I get some pointers as to where to start looking at an issue?

Thanks much!,

JB

There is most likely a broken wire in the door jam that ties the lock switch to the rest of the lock system in the car. A common problem that occurs to the wires there due to the stresses that they get when opening and closing the doors.

There is most likely a broken wire in the door jam that ties the lock switch to the rest of the lock system in the car. A common problem that occurs to the wires there due to the stresses that they get when opening and closing the doors.

Fantastic! I'll see what I can do about getting to the wires to check them.

Makes sense!

Thanks!

JB

Wait what year and model of vehicle? It's my understanding and I could be wrong but the 1st gen legacies only had power locks on the driver side i.e. the passenger side locks didn't control the other doors just itself but the drivers door would lock/unlock all the doors.