Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just received lift kit

gokoolab

Hey all..Just wanna first say that I'm still learning bout Subies and really excited bout lifting the wagon. I just received kit from Albie, formerly w/ Allied Armament. its goin on EA82 wagon w/ power steering. This will be my first lift job so I'm hoping to get this right w/ little help from others. Its a 4" kit for front w/ 3" for the rear. I did speak w/ him regarding assistance on lift. He did give me pointers and tips as far as how to install. He did say the front is the more difficult part and to take your time on it. I also plan on calling him when i do the install for some more help. Really great guy from the get-go. Tips he gave me that i wrote down were on:

-tranny brackets

-tie rods-2 90mm, 1 100mm

-cradle block

-cross member

-steering shaft, bolt-flat spot, clean splines, tap all way up then back down

-engine cradle bolt loosen, set screw, thru frame rails, 2 bolts out like horseshoe, philips head

-radiator hoses,bottom can cut down

-replacing fan w/ electric fan bcuz original will stick out

-bolt blocks on strut first

-unbolt rod from lca in front, finger tighten ea one in

-rear mustache bar,undo bolt 1 1/2"

-swing arm,shock outside of lfit plate

Any other tips or assist i would really appreciate since i know all the experts and gurus are on this site. DSC00464.jpg[/img]

Drop parts symmetrically, swap out short bolts for long and then add the spacers, it will make re-aligning the sub-frame and other parts easier.

If you drop one side down before the other you will twist the sub frame and make it hard to line up not only the first side, but the other side will be way out of wack.

IF you pull the engine off the x-member using a hoist or whatever when doing the x-member blocks (which made it a lot easier, at least for me) make sure you bolt it back on before you drop the transmission x-member. I forgot to and it was a big pain in the rump roast.

IF you pull the engine off the x-member using a hoist or whatever when doing the x-member blocks (which made it a lot easier, at least for me) make sure you bolt it back on before you drop the transmission x-member. I forgot to and it was a big pain in the rump roast.

Not neccessary to drop the engine. I have done over a dozen of these. A good set of "large" jack stands and a good floor jack and you are good to go. Easiest to do the rear first then the front.

Well..finally finished up in the front..was working on it all day yesterday..I honestly have to say it wasnt that easy to do for the first time. Ran into some road blocks but were able to clear.

Wow! Didnt know entire engine n tranny were lowered from the engine bay. But it does make sense now. Most cables and wires are now running tight and gotta replace minimum, the fan shroud, fan, coil wires, both upper/lower radiator hose, can't use rear tranny mount, re-locate brake lines on drivers side.

DSC00479.jpg?t=1301057179

DSC00484.jpg?t=1301057260