Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 in an '85 GL-10?

robcor2

Thanks we will check it out....what is the website for HighGuys? Also, I have posted for sale in the classifieds section that I have freshly milled and tested EA82 heads for sale and a gasket kit for the same motor.....So anyone needing to do a re-build on their engine can save some money and time.

No website as of yet.

PM me here or email me

Loveyoursubaru@yahoo.com

I sent you an email. I am ready to talk about an adapter kit and a few other things I might need. Got the ej22 at my house and gonna start prepping everything tomorrow before the head gasket kit arrives. It would be awesome if you could call me. My phone number is 503-267-7753. Robert

I don't think anyone local does - I've thought about having some cut but I don't have my own mill yet and so no easy way to locate all the holes accurately or a jig setup to do it. I have a couple adaptors if you want to copy one but they aren't for sale at the moment. You just need a chunk of 1/2" plate aluminium and a jig-saw... then transfer punch the holes and carefully punch them with a drill press. The flywheel is easily done with a die grinder and a carbide burr.

When/if I go into production of them I'll have the plates water jet cut and then mill all the holes oversized into a jig plate and insert drill guides. Then I'll be able to punch them out for about $75 a pop. When I find a deal on a bridgeport that is... :rolleyes:

GD

• 2 weeks later...

WooHoo....got the adapter plate and flywheel for the Swap....Thanks HighGuys! Okay....I guess its time to buy a fan now. What is the best reasonable price fan out there for this conversion? If anyone has a link to a good one I would appreciate it. Wish it was ready now....good wheelin weather is upon us!