Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How big of lift requires dropping of drivetrain?...

I recently bought a 91' loyale sedan and I'm looking to lift it. The simple ingenious lifts i've seen on this site have me considering a 2" lift or maybe 4".

My question is if I lift the loyale 4 inches do I need to lower the drivetrain components to avoid extra wear on CVs? If so, how much and exactly which spots on car need lowered? (rear axle, front x-member etc...)

I appreciate any help! :)

Zach

Ahh, okay thanks for the info. Yeah i've checked out the sjr site a FEW times lol.

My brother is an engineer and a good friend is a welder so between us I plan to build the lift ourselves.

I know the camber offset for the 2" lift is 15*, what about for 4"? Knowing me I'll go 4 inch lift :grin:

my best advice: talk to the welder and ignore the engineer. :lol:

i have a 2" lift without dropping the drivetrain on an XT6, so far so good. stick with Subaru or MWE axles. i installed the lift on the car i had just got which came with brand new CV axles on it, still had clean nice stickers on them - they clicked with the lift. installed my MWE axles and it was fine.