Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifting 97 outback sport

Pgh_Scoob

Hey,

So I have been contemplating lifting my 97 obs fr quite some time and I finally have the opportunity to do so, but my main question is what exactly is needed?

I am under the assumption that certain forester years (02-04) can be a direct fit but you need to swap out the rear mounting plates? Am I correct in my thinking or completely wrong.

Another way of going about it from what I can gather is using outback struts and springs with the obs mounting plates and the outback trailing arm... if that is correct what year outback would I need to look for?

Thanks for any help and advice, I did look up some lift threads and the nicest one the guy was using 07 forester struts but have new mounting plates for the rear, but was dealing with rear camber and toe issues. Is this a common problem when you lift the obs?

Thanks Again,

Greg

Hey everybody (Brain), before you get on his case, note that I found this in the new gen forum and moved it here.

But since you're all dying to say it:

OP, take a look at the top of the off road forum and check out the sticky about lifiting your imp. Good luck.