Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove around up there again yesterday. Found some cool little offshoots that looked like fun... also a couple of creek crossings... idk if anyone is brave enough to cross them though... :lol: It was pretty dry up there and yet the standing water was still pretty deep... hopefully there's more mud by this weekend. :banana:

i was in about 3 feet of water so im pretty sure its not a hg...because i dont have really any milky residue under my antifreze or oil cap also no white sweet smelling smoke lol....ill get vids up soon they are on my friends phone lol

how's that snow pack lookin' for ya Mugs? Cold enough to come romp around the Idaho woods with us for a day? :banana: Heck idk if I'll even be able to drive by then given recent complications with.. well... driving. :mad:

----------------

Now playing: Giving Up By Ingrid Michaelson

via FoxyTunes

Snow pack is still very prominent...but my friend and I are still gonna head into a place we know where the snow is melted out already.

Plus alcohol, guns and the nature how the conversation has been going is enough to keep me away.

Sounds a little too red neck, sounds a little too Idaho. :grin:

Who mentioned alcohol? :eek: I know I'll be sober and no minors will drink under my watch. I also know we're smarter than mixing alcohol and guns. But I understand that we might be too redneck. ;) Its a hard skill to master. lol. We'll miss ya! If you change your mind you know where to find us! :banana:

Re-read pages 5-7 of this thread and you'll see what I am talking about. Although I am sure it is not an unfamiliar scene within this area...especially "over there" Subies in the woods, the sound of gunshots going off and a bunch of inebriated, and or slightly buzzed hootin an hollerin going on.

ok so back to helping me lol i went threw 3 feet of water i think its just water in the oil so im draining it tomorrow...i also got new plugs if the oil doesnt fix it....my car is backfireing at about 2k rpms then its stops its off and on

i put on some new lights today check them out

also i have a picture of a fan in my album i was wondering what that fan does because it does not spin when i turn on my car

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n628/dannoo93/

ok so back to helping me lol i went threw 3 feet of water i think its just water in the oil so im draining it tomorrow...i also got new plugs if the oil doesnt fix it....my car is backfireing at about 2k rpms then its stops its off and on

also i have a picture of a fan in my album i was wondering what that fan does because it does not spin when i turn on my car

you're kind of hijacking, bud. this thread is about the wheeling trip. There are a lot of people here who will help you, but you have to go about it a bit differently. Search around some, and if you don't find the answer you need...start a thread about it. That's where you'll find answers. You gotta chill with the thread-jacking, though. Most folks don't want to hear about your car problems in threads about wheeling runs.

We were all there at one point in our USMB lives, homie. :)

anyway.........

are you guys for sure going Sunday? and if so, will the potential camping happen saturday night?

I can tell you this right now. If you have been driving around with water in your crank case...you just took out your main bearings and toasted the engine...Even if you change the oil you will soon start to hear a knock.

The water prevents the oil from creating the viscous layer between rod and crank, crank and case...thus your metal on metal....Looks like some more work for me :grin:

Ok no more thread jack deviation..you all have fun.

Edited by Mugs

I can tell you this right now. If you have been driving around with water in your crank case...you just took out your main bearings and toasted the engine...Even if you change the oil you will soon start to hear a knock.

The water prevents the oil from creating the viscous layer between rod and crank, crank and case...thus your metal on metal....Looks like some more work for me :grin:

Ok no more thread jack deviation..you all have fun.

Water + oil + engine crankcase = bad juju.

Anyway, we'll miss ya mugs!

And if I catch ANYBODY with booze, they're OUT!

I will personally walk them to their car and if necessary, pull their sorry arse off the mountain.

No booze.

Twitch

well i only drove it for about 35 miles to get home after the water ...my oil level is reading like double what it is supposed to be on the dipstick so im pretty sure i have water in my oil.............twitch what day is the trip and what time

anyone else get the stupid database error page i get it all the time

Date for the official run is the 19th, but you can camp whenever you want.

So Sunday June 19th.

We'll meet at the Hayden Super 1 at 10 am?

Corner of Hayden ave and Highway 95.

We'll head down to Lancaster rd and follow that until it drops us onto the forest service roads.

We'll set up base near the shooting range/major forks in the roads.

If anyone gets lost, get a hold of me and I'll find your lost butt :P

Sound good?

Twitch

Depending on if anyone else is up for this idea... I'm considering setting up base on Saturday and possibly camping all weekend. IDK yet though... Hayden creek road has "No Overnight Camping" signs practically every 100 yards :mad:... but on Burnt Cabin road, I didn't see a single one... and there was a pretty decent campsite up that road. None of the sites I came across had room for more than 2 or 3 tents unless you walk down into meadowy areas. Maybe I'll just sleep in my car :grin: IDK it's all up in the air right now. I'm up for whatever. :banana: I found plenty a place to hide cars that no regular width vehicles in their right mind would try to traverse. :rolleyes: Its up to you guys... anyone bringing walkie talkies?

I came across had room for more than 2 or 3 tents unless you walk down into meadowy areas. Maybe I'll just sleep in my car :grin: IDK it's all up in the air right now.

Thats why you sleep in a Hammock like me....Once you do that you'll never sleep on the ground again.

P4020036.jpg

P4020046.jpg

I even do it in the winter time :eek:

PB270029.jpg