Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Distributor Shorting Out

not really i put on new plug wires and coil wire...it started for about 10 seconds then stalled out...i have not been able to get it to start back up...how do i make sure that my fuel pump is connected...and i need to check all the wiring in it again...but i think it just needs some fresh gas right now

not really i put on new plug wires and coil wire...it started for about 10 seconds then stalled out...i have not been able to get it to start back up...how do i make sure that my fuel pump is connected...and i need to check all the wiring in it again...but i think it just needs some fresh gas right now

Well unless the efi ea82s are and different you should be able to hear the fuel pump. If not then you can simply take off the gas line and see if your getting fuel. As for the gas how long has it been parked? typical 87 octane gas is good for about 5 months in most cars as long as it hasnt had any water in it. perhaps add some ether and that might help clean it out.