Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still trying to finish some one elses project

Can't figure out where the front O2 sensor wire routes and plugs into.

The sensor is still installed, the engine is in but the intake is still off.

Looks like an original sensor. The lead and the plug ( three prong triangular shape) won't quite reach all the way up to the main harness where there is another matching connector. Is there an extension that goes between them or am I way off base here?

Oh also, there is a metal bracket on the sensor lead, with a hole that looks like it is supposed to bolt to something, but I don't know what.

that bracket is mounted on the upper trans to engine bolt.

i don't remember about the o2 wiring.

I can see where that would work, except the lead is not long enough.

gotta figure out how to re-connect this sensor since the bozo took it apart is gone.

On my Outback, it comes out of the sensor, under the cv and up to a holder for the wiring about 1/2 up the bellhousing, then the plug from the main harness comes down 1/3 down the bellhousing to meet it. Just changed it this evening.

On my Outback, it comes out of the sensor, under the cv and up to a holder for the wiring about 1/2 up the bellhousing, then the plug from the main harness comes down 1/3 down the bellhousing to meet it. Just changed it this evening.

Was there like an extension from the engine harness down to the lead on the sensor?