Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85GL10 EJ22 Swap Mechanic HELP!

robcor2

I need a mechanic familiar with swaps.

Okay....so I don't want to end up one of the guys who didn't finish his swap. The buddy that was doing a swap with me has to move out of state and cannot help me anymore and it is nearly done, but it is still beyond my skill level.

The engine is in, along with the adapter plate and the engine side of the wiring compartment. It has even been started successfully. There are a bunch of loose ends though that need to be addressed. I have a list, but any mechanic would likely like to have a look at it for themselves. I do not have the deepest pockets, but have some dollars for this work. I cannot afford shop prices and any shop because of it being a bit of a frankenmotor would like not be interested in it anyway.

I am in the Portland OR area and could have you do the work at my house or yours. I have some tools, but my buddy took all of his and cannot leave them. He is a professional mechanic. I have some things I would be willing to trade for this project as partial payment, such as a 2 ton engine hoist, A low mileage ej22 with fresh bolts and gasket kit as well as some personal stuff. Email me if you are interested in this project and I will call you to discuss. This car is so close I would hate to have to sell it at this stage and join the hall of shame.