Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the list i think you are referijng to is for 5 speeds only, search ''trannychart'' and see if that is what you had in mind.

there is not a similar list for autos. but if you search ''tz102z*'' you will get a list of threads that all deal with trans numbers. if you sear under my name and read some of the older ones you will see some cross reference info. but there is not a list for autos which will give you the gear ratios like the trannychart.

not found on that first chart. the page i seen had larger fonts. it was a long page. tz102zaaaac7

z102zaaaa this is a 95 legacy trans, the 'a7' on the end are meaningless. actually the next 3 'a' from the end are pretty meaningless as well.

this a pretty good one. but i repeat, if you search tz102z* under my name you will find many to read.

NOTE: on the thread below it mentions matbe needing the TCU with the trans. since i wrote that post, i have found no evidence of ever needing the TCU that came with the original trans. all of these 4eat trans are the same and for the most part the TCUs are programed for the car not the trans.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71754&highlight=tz102z*

all your searches. end up with that link to the parts diagrams. i am not intersted in that. i am interested to see if this right hand drive awd 95 trans will fit in my left hand drive awd 93. both legacys. i looked at the plugs they are both square. i didnt trace any wires on either car to see if i needed to do any rigging. which i would not be able to do anyway. because i dont know what rigging would need to be done. the decode pages i have seen dont match up with what i am seeing and knowing about the car this is in. the first A in that code about says 2wd. http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru_manual_scans/FSM_Scans/engine_&_trans_decode.jpg

wrong. this is defently a awd. it has a rear edn under it. with axles. but that is not what worries me. i am worried about the wiring. i found apdf file. but the code wasnt in that pdf i found either.

wait i was coutin the letters wrong. the first letter a is correct. but the second letter is a A which doesnt corespond with the year 1995. my transmission is a 2 in that position but the car is a 93. so i have a 91 transmission in a 93. but both transmissions are multi plate transmissions. now i have to findout about the wiring and the year code of that right hand drive transmission.

i am interested to see if this right hand drive awd 95 trans will fit in my left hand drive awd 93. both legacys.

well, now i can help you.

no, they have different final drive ratios. but that is the only difference.

you can use the 95 trans if you use the matching rear diff.

FYI: all TZ102Z...... trans are the same. but not all of the final drive ratios are the same. yours has a 3.9 ratio, the 95 has a 4.11 ratio. you need an auto trans from 92 - 94 legacy . you can use one from a trubo car or a non turbo car.

there is a link (i'm not on my home computer) to 'a page at ''experiencetherave'' that will list the final drive ratios for the 90 - 94 cars. if you can find it, i'll post it tonight if no one else has, you can confirm that turbo and non toubo 93s have the same 3.9 ratio.

i am 100% sure that a 95 lego has a 4.11 ratio.

obs2 has nothing to do with the trans. it is a non issue.

there is one other difference between the 93 and the 95, the 93 has a cable driven speedo, the 95 does not. but i here this is an easy fix.

but your rear diff does not match the 95 trans. that is more work, assuming you have the correct diff.

that sounds like a housing change to me. i think i have to decide if i just want this transmission now. the fluid looked ok. but smelled of clutches. i have been looking at the wiring plugs o fboth cars. they both seem to have the same number of wires going into the plug from the main harness. so maybe its ok and they just used different colored wires from 93 to a 95. 150.00 and its local. but i have to pull it out in this heat in a field.

so you didn't believe me when i said all TZ102Z.... trans are the same except for the diff ratio.

there is NO wiring problem it will bolt in, plug in and run just fine.

if there was a wiring problem i never wold have said it will work if you use the matching rear diff.

good luck with your project.