Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP!?? SUB 88 DL "No Current To Coil"

Subaru 88 DL Wagon, no current going to coil. Relay working and pulsating. Car wants to start but nothing. All dash board light are on when key is turned to the on position. I pulled fuel filter hose off just for fun. Located under the hood of the car and watched gas squirt out of hose as I tried starting the car. Fuel pump and relay are good. Checked fusses in fuse box, all good. Don't know what other fuses to check besides box. I removed the panel below dash board and looked around. Not sure what else to check other than looking at wires. A little red light located right below steering column blinks as relay pulsates. I dont know, what else to do..

:lol::banana::eek:

Edited by SAYLER
Didn't need that first sentence

the little red light you see under the dash is the same one used to retrieve trouble codes - it should be there.

my question is this - are getting NO power to coil, or is it very weak power???

How did you determine there is no power at the coil? test light, or multi meter?

(thinking out loud here) main fusable link should be ok if everything else is working - check...getting gas - check...fuses check out ok - check....not getting spark....

OK, coil bracket grounds to the fender well thru the mounting bolts - make SURE you have a good ground there - even add a wire if you need to from the bracket mounting bolts to somewhere else on the chassis - i have used one of the strut top mount bolts before.

that might solve the problem - if not, we keep looking.

• 6 months later...

It may be the ignition switch if there's no power to the coil+ or the resistor ( depending on if the ignition module is in the distributor, if it is there is no resistor) the - on the coil is controlled by the ignition module so that may be the next place to look

Edited by AKghandi
Too long