Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 99 obw rebuild project and the struts are shot

I wanna replace them with something more beefy then the original stock ones. I was thinking the stock struts off of an STI, or the forester, any ideas?

Is there any that will bolt in? or any tips or things that have worked, thanks

Edited by joshk3y

STI struts are shorter.

Forester struts might be shorter as well, I don't recall offhand. Regardless, they're no better than OB struts.

Lots of people here recommend KYB GR2 struts. There are some performance aftermarket struts out there, but they are generally very $$$.

I have been happy with KYB GR2 struts that I have put on several cars. They are gas charged, so firmer then OEM, without being harsh. Cost is reasonable too, and they last a long time. I think you will be happy with the performance. EZ to find for sale on line.

STI struts are shorter.

Forester struts might be shorter as well, I don't recall offhand. Regardless, they're no better than OB struts.

Lots of people here recommend KYB GR2 struts. There are some performance aftermarket struts out there, but they are generally very $$$.

This. GR-2's are what you want. No need in putting KYB AGX's on this thing.