Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Superb Concours - possibly better than Pebble Beach -Westport CT this Sunday

WESTPORT, CT: The Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance is pleased to welcome Cadillac as a Premier Automotive Sponsor for its eighth annual Concours held September 17 and 18, 2011, at the Fairfield County Hunt Club, Westport, Conn

Sunday is the day to be there!!

Saturday you go help the world wide cleanup effort ,got t?

Attention locals !! Caffeine and Carburetors is a really cool meet and drive that my friend attends regularly. Going to be my first one , finally , but folks meet in New Canaan and hang out and show a little there , then cruise - often at brisk speeds :grin: - but this time they'll be driving to the Concours and all people from the C & C meet get reduced price tickets to the big show and VIP parking , so you might want to get up early and get into this meet up firstly. Otherwise I hear they have off site parking and busses shuttling to and from.

C & C -

Sep 18

Caffeine & Carburetors @ Zumbachs All Day Event

Zumbachs Gourmet Coffee 77 Pine Street New Canaan, CT

Schedule 8:00 to 8:30 am: Arrive and sign-in 8:30 to 9:00 am: “Breakfast and Exhaust” 9:30 am: “Ride & Fun”

Councours feature: Chrysler powered Hemi's

184.jpg

I'll be hiding in the back somewhere with my '78 4WD wagon at the C & C meet. And parking the car out of sight at the Concours. :lol:

If this were the days of film I'd say bring many rolls.

Personally I intend on doing everything early and getting out of there around 1PM.

Locals are welcome to meet up at the Hi Ho Hotel/Motel whatever - right off the Merrit Parkway Exit 44 - at 7:15 - 7:30 Sunday morning. I'll be meeting some Lotus guys and maybe a few others. By about 7:45 they're on their way down the Merrit to New Canaan to Zumbach's.

All this stuff is FREE - they even serve breakfast sandwiches.

You pay only if you go to the Concours. That's $20 but as mentioned you get a reduced price if you attend the C & C meet. As I know it you'll get $5 off and VIP parking.