Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
chad barker

lug bolt pattern

can i take my factory drums and discs from a 87 gl wagon and have them drilled at a machine shop to fit the pattern of new wrx wheels? the large center hole is my concern, as i have picked up a set of these with new tires that are like excellent condition, so i dont want to get to excited yet...

because i am new at this. go ahead and laugh. do tell with all the juicy details so i can go out and find parts. the wheels i have picked up are from an 02 wrx and i was going to look for the rear discs from a turbo wagen from my same make and year car but if you can enlighten me and i am sure you will be very helpful to a dummy, please...

Im not gonna thrash you or laugh.

Im just saying a 5 lug swap is probably your best bet for putting those WRX wheels on your car.

I will find a couple links and post them here for you... Utilize the search function for the 5 lug swap stuff... It will skip the term "5" though.

I believe that when you do the 5 lug swap, it also doubles as the 4 wheel disc brake swap, but with the 5X100 pattern instead of this god awful 4X140 pattern.

:banana: Thats my plan on my EA82 eventually.