299999 rolling

one more mile

299999.jpg

299999 rolling

299999y.jpg

going

299999z.jpg

300000.jpg

Paid cash when new fall 1994. Lots of mountain road trips all times of year.

A beater inside and out, running a bit stiff like an ol man.

94_Legacy.jpg

94L_frontseasts..jpg

With a few days to go gave the engine a $100 steam clean.

94L_engine.jpg

Now what am I going to do with the two long torn constant velocity joint boots? Something cheap it has to be. Only using this Subu for my daily 46 mile roundtrip work commute in order to not pile up mileage on my 2007 Forester that has 70k.

Edited by winelegacy

Nice duct tape :brow:

Covering a CEL??

Congrats on 300K :D

Yep little piece of duct tape cured that bright light that was turned on for a few months several years ago. Being next to the speedometer we all look at compulsively, that got old quickly. I finally had to get it fixed to pass California smog for annual registration but left it on in case it ever decided to come on again. And it did maybe three years ago for something I figured out the code for then after repair used the method posted on this board to clear it off.

Now if I could just duct tape those torn CV joint boots instead of replacing the shaft and joint for the Nth time !!!

Edited by winelegacy

Nice! Good job.

How's the engine holding up?

I have an ej22 with well over 300k and it's getting a little tired, but keeps on tick tick ticking.

Over the years it has consistently passed Cal smog well except when the above mentioned CEL was on. Over a decade ago, over about 3 years, 3 spark plugs blew out of the engine apparently due to earlier someone's damaging tune up work. So have had 3 helicoils put in the plug cavities but that seems to be quiet since.

Then six years ago had the water pump and thermostat go out. I was worried a few years ago that the end was near. Brought it down to a local dealer and they seemed to think the engine might belly up anytime but were not very specific as to why except they wanted to perform about $2k in fixing oil leaks or even better sell me another vehicle. Showed front and rear cam seal oil leaks and other leakage around the left valves. Had it steam cleaned then determined the valve cover gasket was the only serious leak with the cam seal leaks minor. So had that fixed elsewhere and have lived with the other two issues just adding a pint of oil every few weeks. A couple years ago the radiator blew a big hole at the bottom and that was replaced.

I'll keep using it to commute to work and tend to drive on city streets instead of freeways in order to keep stress down. Otherwise I use my 2007 Forester especially on weekends.