Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Moving to Beaufort NC area.

I'm not new here... but figured this is the best place to post.

I'll be moving down to the Beaufort area for at least a month, hopefully find a job when I'm done with the work I'm headed down to do. Then I can stay longer, sick of ME...

If anyone is from that area, hello! It'd be cool to move down and already have some friends :D

I'll be leaving my 89GL in Maine and just taking my 98 GT, which is sad. So hopefully someone has a rusty broken old subaru I can wrench on so I don't forget how :-p

Na Beaufort is maybe a 4hr drive from here. Mainly cause it's backroads(2 lane roads) most of the way and not highway.

10hr drive from Maine?

No... 10 hour drive from southern to northern maine. heh.

It's gonna be more like a 20 hour drive for me. Prolly stopping at my uncles house in NJ on the way. dunno... Maybe stopping because the engine in my car blows up.... who knows.

i'm in florence sc. not too far from Beaufort. there aren't many Subaru's around here. they're actually kind of rare. you have to head north to the mountains in nc to see alot of them. i see maybe 5 or 6 here locally in florence. there's a few in darlington. hopefully they'll be a few more in beaufort. it's darn near impossible to get junk yard parts , and none of the part stores carry Subaru parts,they have to order about everything from the "warehouse" or get it from another store.......it's complicated sometimes. curtis

I guess nobody needs AWD, if I lived there full time I'd probably drive a honda civic econobox too...

Just hope my engine doesn't blow while I'm down there. I'll bring my box of spare bits and pieces that might be hard/expensive to find, but for the most part, my legacy shouldn't have any trouble.

if you don't mind my asking what line of work are you in? curtis

Mostly marine electronics, that's what I'm headed down to do. I have a monthish long contract to do this guy's boat, then hopefully find more work with other people in the yard, etc.