Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Please allow me to introduce myself...

So, I never really jumped in the meet n' greet. Kinda jumped right into wrenching on my car so I am in the tech forums a lot lol, I think it's absolutely awesome that there is a good, active community involved with these vehicles we drive and are passionate about! This place really rocks, and I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your input and feedback and help for everything I've dealt with thus far and may in the future! With all that good fun stuff out of the way, I am apparently one of the few people in the northeast US that owns an 87 GL. I see that these cars are real popular in the midwestern states, recently took a road trip to nevada and saw a ton of gls and loyales and the like! Here in New Jersey and the surrounding states though, they appear to be quite uncommon, which makes my car unique here, and I get a lot of questions about it! :)

I'd like to share some pictures of my 87 GL, which I bought in April for too much money. (1200)

I was put on to these cars by chance actually, when I needed to find a good, cheap, reliable car for the girlfriend to use to commute to school and such. I found her a 93 Loyale spfi Fwd auto for 1,000. It was in pristine condition and only had 51,000 miles on it. This was last August. It now has 77,000 miles on it =) That car is awesome and I'll share some pictures of it at a later time.

To continue though, I liked that car so damn much, I had to get one of my own and wound up finding the 87 GL 5speed (<3) dual range 4wd (also <3)

It sat for years, was barely used. She currently has 55,000 miles from driving across the country and back, but had 42,000 miles when I got her back in April.

I've had to do the front wheel bearings on the car, swap in a new axle, and, after the road trip, replace the water pump thus far. Plans in the future are new shocks and struts, the rear struts are absolutely destroyed, and some rust repair. I need a new grille too =(

I'll shut up now and let the pictures speak for themselves though. Thank you for reading!

Photo-0096.jpg

Photo-0097.jpg

Photo-0099.jpg

Photo-0098.jpg

Photo-0101.jpg

Photo-0102.jpg