Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 leg gt not running on all 4 cyls

hello ive been having problem getting my legacy to run since i replaced the hg's, timing belt, water pump, intake manifold gaskets, coolant temp sensor etc. everything is set up right as far as timing, plumbing and harness are concerned. i had the heads machined and cleaned, replaced the plugs and wires and now it seems to only be running on 3 cylinders but its not throwing a code for a misfire it starts and idles rough. the only thing i didnt replace were the head studs and compression is good with no leak down on all 4 cyls and as far as i can tell they all have spark and the injectors are firing, it almost sounds like its got an exhaust leak as well but both gaskets are fresh. im basically stuck right now any thought as to what may be causing the problem will be appreciated thanks also the engin sat out of the car for 6 months and it was throwing codes p1520 and p0117 but i cleared them and its not throwing any code anymore

Edited by dankindler

well its not the timing thats off i reset it again today (im getting very good at it) but i was under the car and noticed that there is liquid fuel and oil seeping out from around the exhaust manifold on the rh side, which is the side i felt had the misfire, this leads me to believe i have an injector thats stuck and dumping fuel washing the oil off the rings and cylinder walls and out through the exhaust also cusing the rough idle and starts

Injectors rarely go bad.

If 97 Injectors will work and you're willing to pay something for them PM me.

The only 99 ENgine I have is a good complete engine so I'm not taking it apart.

Usually I jsut sell and pull the fuel rail with hte injectors in it - seems easiest.