Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think everyone knows the best part of Thanksgiving is pulling the turkey out of the oven...

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Need to get the flywheel surfaced, and the clutch is more burned up than the marshmallows on a sweet potato casserole.

I'd like the record to state, that pulling an engine by yourself kinda blows. Spending a 1/2 hour messing with pulling it only to realize you didn't unbolt the dogbone from the transmission to the firewall and have been fighting an immovable object... that really blows.

Did you ever figure out where the coolant was disappearing to, just curious? Jeff

The water pump was leaking of course, and the HGs were in fact on their way out. I just helped them along a little bit by not properly burping the system and getting the car hot one last time.

On the plus side, I'll have a pretty close to new engine after this is all said and done.

On a side note, I also fixed the parking brake, clunking axle, and the wonky rear wheel; for a grand total of $45. Cable was cut for the brake, axle was shot, and the strut was all bent to hell. Action u pull came through on that one.

LOL. And I was this close |-| to calling you to borrow the hoist this weekend.. The ea82t is coming out in the next few weeks.

If everything plays out ok with timing, I should stab the engine back in this week and you can borrow the hoist. I'm sure Tony would be ok with you borrowing the engine stand too.

And the other turkey was it tasty?

I always wonder if it is not a lot easier to take the gearbox out. Less fluid, certainly less connectors?

Not to do headgaskets... Maybe for the clutch though.