Ultimate Subaru Message Board

seafoam through throttle body?

On the opposite side of the brake booster hose you could use the fuel pressure regulator hose. Usually though I use a spray bottle and mist it into the intake with the throttle open a little bit, that way it gets distributed everywhere. Sometimes depending on what hose you pick it might really only make it to one cylinder. And right don't let it suck it in too fast, I don't know it would suck enough to hydrolock it but I woudln't want to find out. I pinch the hose with my fingers to modulate the flow.

On the opposite side of the brake booster hose you could use the fuel pressure regulator hose. Usually though I use a spray bottle and mist it into the intake with the throttle open a little bit, that way it gets distributed everywhere. Sometimes depending on what hose you pick it might really only make it to one cylinder. And right don't let it suck it in too fast, I don't know it would suck enough to hydrolock it but I woudln't want to find out. I pinch the hose with my fingers to modulate the flow.

thanks for the advice :)

i got so many issues right now, the last thing i need is to make more!

just found out i got a p0440 too...........UGH

"i got a cat smell"

hehe dont let them poop under the hood!

ok enough being immature I think the booster hose inlets past the throttle body, so it will clean the intake man and beyond but not the TB. if you want to clean the TB you prob need to put some in a spray bottle as suggested earlier.

I could never find one of the smaller lines on top of the TB to work.

I actually pour the Seafoam into a apray can top (brake clean, spray paint, etc) that is a light color so I can tell how much is in there and how much is getting sucked up.

I'm usually "fixing" a catalyst below effeciency code and this has worled for me well.