Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any Opinions out there on brake parts?

What do you guys think of this deal? Anyone ever tried the drilled and slotted rotors. My son thinks they look cool and we all know that is important.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-SPORT-PERFORMANCE-BRAKES-2-DRILLED-ONLY-ROTORS-4-CERAMIC-PADS-/270866084545?fits=Make:Subaru|Model:Brat&hash=item3f10e072c1&item=270866084545&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3760wt_1185

Just curious because we are about to rebuild the front end.

Thanks

I wouldn't do it not here in Iowa.

they are good for high performance track cars; which a BRAT is not.

Reason I said not here in Iowa, cause those ncie pretty holes and nice shiny slots, will be ugly nasty rust after a little drive in the salty roads here. And then they will look worse than a regular solid disc.

go ahead, but I doubt this turns out as expected..

I bet :the rust protected" is a fail. I would bet my hard earned money on that one. Even if they put it in writing and promise you new exchange they are going to rust and look terrible.

Edited by bheinen74

If you want to upgrade brake performance for the street, just get better pads on decent rotors. Maybe stainless steel brake lines.(though, new rubber OEM would likely feel better than the old lines too) Stoptech Street Performance pads, or well, many other choices.

Drilled have a reputation for cracking, slotted will accelerate pad wear. GOOD pad material will not out-gas like older formulas and that is what slots and holes were created to alleviate.

If he wants to dress-up the brake area, there are high-temp paints you could use on the caliper and maybe the center part of the rotor.

Read the 'white papers' here for some good info on brakes; http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers