Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No historic love for the NW?

I have a second gen wagon that I am starting work on this summer. Plan to stuff wrx power and divetrain and restore the body and interior.

What I really want is a mid to late 70s wagon and do a stock restoration. I never see the first gens on this side of the US. Any one have ears to the ground on this?

My honest voice on that is that you guys crushed them all, even the nice non rusted ones.

That is the truth sadly.

the guy at Subaru heaven had 700 ea71 wagons that ran and drove, he yanked out the power plants, drivetrain engine, interior, glass, and crushed the swiss cheese bodies of ALL 700 last year.

The bodies were not even fixable, but everything else on them was good. So you guys on the west coast, could sell some to us and we can get them going again.

I have been lucky enough to chat and meet the gut at subaru Heaven. He is 72, and is a nice guy, his kids do not like car stuff. Someday, it will be even more sad on this and what he has collected.

Edited by bheinen74