Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to buy a replacement rear wiper arm ('85 GL Wagon)

Hello. I've searched on this topic quite a bit (so refrain from the flame, puddin' tame) and haven't been able to determine if I can buy a replacement rear wiper arm for The Goat (aka "the rusty hunk").

Problem: The blade isn't pressing hard enough against the glass to do an acceptable job of clearage. I could put a little more "spring" in the spring, but if I had my druthers, I'd rather just replace the thing.

Question: Can I buy a replacement? If so, where? :confused:

Thanks,

That poor guy who bought that car.

Have you already tried to Bend a Li'l Bit the Metal plate on the Arm, towards the Glass?

I Did it on my BumbleBeast and worked fine, also my Subie came from California.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
Replaced the Word "Twist" with "Bend" ... I Was "Lost in Translation" ;)

Junkyards are good, too, if you have one you can walk in to where you are. You can even test it before you take it, one of the few junkyard parts you can test in the yard!

You might also post in the 'stuff wanted' section of this forum, and search the 'parts for sale' to see who is parting out a similar car. A part-out comes up every few weeks in there.

Bending the arm towards the glass helps a bit. But the main culprit is the spring. If you can get the spring out with some needle nose pliers, you can bend it a bit so it clamps harder. Sometimes it's a pain and i've shot many a spring across my front yard trying to get it back on the wiper arm, but it does help significantly.