Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuse Box Problem

Folks,

One of the (upper) fuse contacts for the radio/fan (15A) fuse is pushed totally in and the upper fuse blade will not make contact. I am getting ready to tackle this today. Not worried about the radio as my aftermarket unit is fused independently. However, this fuse effects the A/C, blower and radiator fans. This happened over a period of time (few years), and I was able to rock the fuse into position enough such that it would make contact, and everything would work. However, early this past week, it got pushed way in and its a no-go now.

Are the contacts easily worked on from behind the fuse panel? I don't think it will be difficult. Any leads, appreciated.

Thx,

aba

The fuse slot may be damaged beyond repair and the contacts will never be the same. More trouble could occur after some time if you try to use it. If that is the case I would remove the wires going to that fuse position and install a new single fuse holder on the wires.

Thanks. I just took care of the fuse contact. The contacts are good and I was able to push the terminal and lock it in place. The fuse appears secure now. But your idea is good and if it gives me any more trouble, this is what I will do.

Now that I have everything apart, I want to change out my turn signal/flasher relay. Not that it does not work, but I bought a new one in the hope that the amp draw would be less and it might take care of the volt meter bouncing when the turn signals are on. I have located the flasher and am having trouble taking it off the metal bracket to which it is attached. Any idea, as to how it comes off its bracket? OrI might just leave the original 'Niles" one in and try the replacement.

Going out to get some pictures and will post shortly. OK, here is a picture looking through the left dash speaker grill. You can also see my alarm module to the left of the flasher.

post-3724-136027653297_thumb.jpg

Edited by aba4430
Adding picture

Running the turn signals will produce some voltage flucuations normally, mainly due to wire losses. To keep the problem to a minimum make sure the alternator is working correctly and that the battery is fully charged.

Edited by Cougar