Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got a '96 Legacy. I love this place

I've been a member for about 10 days, but in that time I was convinced and inspired to buy a '96 Outback wagon that was for sale in my neighborhood.

Huge shout outs to these boys for their guidance and opinions.

porcupine73

johnceggleston

Fairtax4me

Red92

Olnick

themoneypit

Blue Whale

Ricearu

Thanks to them, I'm back in a Subaru! I haven't owned a car since moving to NYC from Madison, WI in '04.

I surrendered my beloved '98 Impreza hatchback to my mother and have ridden NYC metro since.

Luckily, my wife finally agreed to go for a car. So I gotta make this one fly so she doesn't regret that choice!

My "new" used Subaru needs some love as the previous owners were on top of maintenance, but not mechanically sensitive if that makes sense. The Ol' girl is gonna shine and fly. That's why i'm here.

I'm gonna start small with a good wash, oil change/plugs, then move into valve cover gasket land, shifter bushing replacement, and beyond.

This is a wonderful resource and I look forward to speaking with everybody.

Here's my new ride. Sorry its a bad night shot, i'll post new ones soon.

Subaru_Best.JPG

Anybody need a Sears car top carrier? It's about 20cu/ft.

Here's my first thread, where idiot me was convinced it didn't have a blown HG:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130197

Thanks, everybody! I feel welcome here already. What a gerat community.

Anybody in Brooklyn? let's get a beer

Edited by tehP
Yipes forgot to shrink image size. Is it possible to do from the post editor?

USMB is a greatplace with helpful folks.

And hte search will turn up lots of good info too.

Fir a few years I lived at the LaGuardia Marriott and worked at BQE and 30th ave.

I miss the food! Especially around FLushing QUeens since that's where I stayed. Even simple places liek the Jackson Hole's.

USAir cut back so bad on flights after 911(when I was on a plane to a DoD contractor in MD) that I started to commute weekly with my Diesel VW from Pittsburgh. It was quicker by the time you built in LaQuardia delays.

But yea - this is an excellent MB.

Hey Miles,

I drove my mother's old 92 Legacy Wagon here and there.

She sold it to a friend of mine for $600 in ~2003; that car is still on the road, with original clutch, with over 300k on it.

My favorite car i've ever owned (i've owned some stinkers) was a '98 Impreza hatchback. 2.5L, manual. Not a lot of extras; didn't even have cruise control. But god I loved that car. Wish i still had it!

I was hoping the owners of my soon-to-be-owned '96 Outback would receive the duplicate title in the mail today, but alas, no such luck. And with Monday being a holiday I won't be able to get it on the road until TUESDAY at the earliest!

I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. Haven't owned a car since my '98 Impreza, which i gave to my folks when I moved to NYC in '04.