Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I buy 806946030 cam seal with cheap shipping?

I have been looking online for these seals, and they only cost about $4, but most of the Subaru parts outfits have shipping that might be $12 minimum or somewhere in that range.

Is there anybody out there that will be honest and throw a couple of these in an envelope and charge $2 shipping?

I have been looking online for these seals, and they only cost about $4, but most of the Subaru parts outfits have shipping that might be $12 minimum or somewhere in that range.

Is there anybody out there that will be honest and throw a couple of these in an envelope and charge $2 shipping?

I got a dealer close by, if you can't come up with them, I can go monday and get you what you need and mail it out to you for the cost of first class mail

Local dealer has a website ordering system, discounted from MSRP

http://parts.subaru.com/?siteid=216358

gregB, that is my local dealer also...I'm just on the other side of it from you. I tried it out, and amazingly it gave me a $0.60 charge to mail them! Most of the other sites like this charged a whole lot... I really don't believe that I could walk in there and buy parts as cheap as I just ordered them. So a BIG THANKS! I will use this in the future if I need new parts.

By the way, since you are local, do you sell any used parts or anything?

No used parts from me. Everything I own keeps breaking. Daughter brought back the 97 GT wagon with a bad cv joint, split belts, broken window switch and who knows what else. Check classfieds here, e-bay, or Craigs List. There is a guy in the York/Dover area who runs adds for parts frequently.

As far as LMC, I priced a tow hitch from there via the website. Gave me some rediculous low shipping price. Did not seem to be an option for local pick-up. But the parts counter guy said that they would match web prices if you asked.

No used parts from me. Everything I own keeps breaking. Daughter brought back the 97 GT wagon with a bad cv joint, split belts, broken window switch and who knows what else. Check classfieds here, e-bay, or Craigs List. There is a guy in the York/Dover area who runs adds for parts frequently.

As far as LMC, I priced a tow hitch from there via the website. Gave me some rediculous low shipping price. Did not seem to be an option for local pick-up. But the parts counter guy said that they would match web prices if you asked.

OK. I found a junkyard over near Mt. Joy that has a 98 Outback flood car that is very complete, but was full of water. I have bought some stuff from Ebay, and a few things from Orbach's in Denver. I saw those ads from the guy in York.

I like the GT wagons, but they are 2.5, and I like the 2.2 better. Some of those have really nice wheels.

if you are replacing those seals, what other seals should be replaced? typically they are all the same age.

usually i have found that when i think i only need one part from the dealer, i'm overlooking something.

if you are doing the o-rings (the belt has to come off) why not the cam shaft seals, crank seal, t-belt, idlers, water pump? not all of these need to come from the dealer, but now is the time since it will be open.

all the oil seals for a 2.2L engine (2 cam , 1 crank, 2 cam cap o-rings, and the oil pump o-ring, if needed. i think i'm forgetting one.) will cost about $30 wholesale from the dealer. (~20% more retail.)

just a thought.

Edited by johnceggleston

if you are replacing those seals, what other seals should be replaced? typically they are all the same age.

usually i have found that when i think i only need one part from the dealer, i'm overlooking something.

if you are doing the o-rings (the belt has to come off) why not the cam shaft seals, crank seal, t-belt, idlers, water pump? not all of these need to come from the dealer, but now is the time since it will be open.

all the oil seals for a 2.2L engine (2 cam , 1 crank, 2 cam cap o-rings, and the oil pump o-ring, if needed. i think i'm forgetting one.) will cost about $30 wholesale from the dealer. (~20% more retail.)

just a thought.

I recently replaced the valve cover gaskets, and what I ordered was for the rear camshaft cover seal. Not yet doing the timing belt, but if I do that I will want to change everything that you mentioned.

On the weekend I took the right rear camshaft cover off, but when I couldn't find the seal by itself I just used the grey silicone everyone on here raves about, just a light coating, and put it back together. It's not leaking, but I will put in the correct seal when it comes.

I've been overwhelmed with problems on this car, and this is a real minor thing... just to get rid of the leak.

• 2 weeks later...