Ultimate Subaru Message Board

long term ej swaper, check light info needed

So I for the most part did a full ej swap into another car, i didn't how ever just remove the important engine controlling bits, I actually took the whole chassis harness too. With a better part of a week I sat down and stripped the harness down to the bare basics for lights and running the engine.

So in doing that i removed all the auto trans controllers and bits associated with that.

The more I got thinking the more I'm thinking the ecu probably is going to want to know about some of that crap in the long run. Maybe not right now (because it's running and there is no check engine light) but my OCD is going to kick in when the check engine light pops on and it's for one of those things that had something to do with auto trans.

So has anyone gone through figuring out what needed to be grounded, powered up, switched randomly, ect.... so the check engine light will work properly.

Yes I know i could also just unplug the light or pull the bulb (because I'm using the stock legacy gauge cluster), but i would rather know something is wrong rather then assuming everything is ok. And last case scenario I'll do that, because from everything I have read on the VW swap and here the computer works just the same with a couple check engine lights

any info would be help greatly.

also this came from a 94 lego with an auto

ok so i was doing some more reading around and what i found was the if it was an auto the AT/MT identifier is reading 0v, aka grounded out, and for the manuals will read 5v, aka just cut and nothing grounded out or ran to it. and then for the neutral switch it's grounded in gear and not in neutral.

and from what i remember reading years back is it wants to see a change from time to time. so really just hooking up a CC switch or clutch safety switch (depending on which way is closed or open) and putting it on the clutch or something so show a change every once in a while, like you were shifting gears.