Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Input Bearing, where do I get one... Besides Subaru.

Hello All, thanks for letting me into the forum. Well I suppose a bit of background first, I have more than a few Subarus, but this time it deals with the pair of Legacys I have. One is a 92 Sedan and one is a 94 Wagon. Both have the same TY752VA2AA gearbox. That is fine and dandy.

The problem is, one is doing the exxon valdese thing of puking it's gear oil out the input shaft seal and is getting pretty noisy 1st through 3rd. The other, well she is a touch noisy and is not puking yet. Operative word... yet. So I want to nip her in the butt fast and both of them at the same time. (Baring a ground to dust input shaft that is)

I read Gloyale's thread on doing this, and all can I say is it is going to be a snap for me. I have been elbows deep in W50 and W55 Toyota transmissions long enough to make my head spin.

Pips to Gloyale :banana:

But here is my problem, I am having one HELL of a time finding the bloody input bearings. Everywhere I look they have them for the TY75F (As I recall that was the earlier Loyale/XT transmission) and the TW64F (no idea on that one!) I have been scouring the Internet and feel like....:horse: Yeah you get the idea.

Is it going to be a 3 hour drive to a main dealer for it. Please say no it is not, I really do not feel like going to Vegas/Reno/Lancaster. Yeah it sucks living in the sticks.

I will also be doing a useful thread on cleaning (gasp! yes for real) The TPS for the 1st gen Legacy's and the base line readings of how I set mine up since I had two cars to check the values on and none of the books worked for me on the third. (Go figure)

Thanks in advance...

~Peerson

Thanks Emily!, digging through there catalogs. I do not seem to see a way to order online, but I can open a line of credit with them like any other business. Also not seeing any Subaru stuff ... They have a office not far from a friend in San Jose too. I will give them a shot, but I welcome more places.

Cheers! :)

Fairtax4Me that is going to be my last ditch effort. Thanks though, I mean it should be a pretty common bearing considering that that transmission was used for 90 to 94 Legacy's and the three I have all have the same gearbox numbers. Not in any rush, just wana get everything ready since spring has just about sprung here. I can drive the Peugeot for a few more weeks. *facebricks* I just said the P word.

Edited by Peerson

But here is my problem, I am having one HELL of a time finding the bloody input bearings. Everywhere I look they have them for the TY75F (As I recall that was the earlier Loyale/XT transmission)

All the bearings in the front part of the trans on the upper shaft are the same as the old SINGLE RANGE Loyale trans.

Thanks again Gloyale! Going to go ahead and get them on there way Monday, because I need to get that wagon on the road ASAP. I would like to have my wagon BACK! :)

Thanks ShawnW, I have always been a bit scared by sticker shock from main dealers after my experience with a VW 1.8T in a Passat. But I will give them a call (Lancaster) and see what they say on prices as well.