Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen I brat Nebraska crushing within 2-3 days 35k !!!

I will post more info later,sorry. On phone now , limited , but I've got parts on the way and more in the works from this guy.

Still left and dang nice:

Drivers door panel with caution label In brown or tan whichever you see it as.

Passenger seat like wow !!!! You know the deal like almost never sat in.

He will not take axels for me so I'm not sure how far he'll go for large items.

More later, but I figured I'd get notice going. This guys says it can't stay, I think the tailgate was hit.

More info ASAP. His name is Dave Bighia I believe it is spelled. I'll get his info in a few.

eBay name - husker444david

email - davebighia@yahoo.com

Catch the remnants from my grab.

Seriously 35K weatherstripping I can't use - but your BRAT can !!!!

Get them !!!

Someone here also had a windshield they wanted me to send. This one is even better then mine , I'm sure and closer to you.

Door panels , passenger seat !!! Vulturize !!!!!!

I think it has Jackmans too with trim rings if he didn't toss them in my boxes.

Go !!! Now !!!!!!!

He's in Omaha , apparently. has over 200 transactions - 100% positive feedbacks

I had an email from David , he said someone asked about the fenders. Hopefully that was you and you get them. I realize it's a yard and they have policies but WTF with crushing a vehicle someone has been buying parts from all week long ????? Everyone involved is making more than if it just gets crushed.

Good luck guys!!! Act fast , no , faster !!!!!

I just happened to notice he's listed 3 items on eBay.

Carpet - $37 plus reasonable shipping - and he washed it already so it looks like new.

Door panel - driver's with original "caution" sticker - $29 I think

Ignition switch - no key - $13

Hopefully you can still contact him about other items.

I know he has an original radiator that I can't get , tail lights in really great cond. , and more.

And whoever made the guy carefully remove the entire main wire harness only to back out , you really pee'd him off and now he's pretty much done. He has those few items listed and a few more GEMS stashed for possible future sales.

Please be sure you can meet a price before committing.

Don't bother asking here. Not to offend , but time is .....almost gone.

Contact the guy - David - and he's got items listed now on eBay so maybe you can get him to reply there or use the email I provided and cut eBay out of it.

Those heater cocks are getting harder to find. 35K shouldn't be too bad to deal with. One of those items thought , that I think you can't offer enough for his time on. Good luck. I hope he can help you out. Maybe consider spending more and getting more so it works out to something the guy can actually make a buck on for his effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the carb and some last bits today. All in all not a bad deal. I know he made a decent dime for his time , but I Am thankful since I don't have time these days and no 35k brats around here for picking. Gotta pay for convenience and parts getting more rare.

Geez , I thought he'd gotten it out complete. What got cut off?

I see myself as having generally slightly overspent but you have to consider the legwork and the fact that I don't have any of these vehicles to pick off of up here anymore. Remarkably , one of the nearly new looking horns I got doesn't want to work. Otherwise everything else seems great and really looks 35K,

the leg that goes to the alternator and starter part. ANNNNNNNND its not the right harness, half of the connectors are different than mine :mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::-\:(. What a nightmare, 2 expensive harnesses and months later, back to square one.

Very strange.

I'm pretty positive I should be able to pull out a complete 1979 4WD wagon harness soon. Let me know if that might help. Not something I can open storage and grab , lots of cleaning house to do first and no good weather , like today , when I have some time.

yeah if you have one for a 79 DL 4WD Brat I would be eternally greatful, Was hoping to get this thing back together and on the road in the next couple weeks before it gets super hot here but id rather do it right the first time. I could potentially patch up my harness but there are at least 30 spots where wires will need to be repaired so would rather avoid taking everything back out in the future to chase an electrical gremline and get something nice and un-patched in there now.

30 spots??? On the one he sent you?

Yikes , regardless of which one it is.

There really shouldn't be any major difference. Only thing I can think of right now is maybe yours was a California vehicle?

When I can I'll check the wiring diagrams on both and see if they'll match. (mine and a Gen I BRAT) I see no reason why they wouldn't.